Home | Firm Profile | Attorney Profiles | Practice Areas | Contact Us Tel : (770) 495-5906


Employment-Based Immigration

Family-Based Immigration

Non-Immigration Visa



Nurse & Medical Technologist

Extraordinary Ability

National Interest Waiver

Naturalization & Citizenship

Asylum or Refugee

Deportation and Removal

Diversity Lottery

News & Events

Useful Immigration Links

Work Visas

  • Overview
  • E-1/E-2 Visa
  • H-1B Visa
  • H-2A Visa
  • H-2B Visa
  • H-3 Visa
  • L-1 Visa
  • O-1 Visa
  • O-2 Visa
  • P-1 Visa
  • P-2 Visa
  • P-3 Visa
  • R-1 Visa
  • TN Visa

  • Visitor Visa

  • B-1 Visa
  • B-2 Visa
  • J-1 Visa
  • Visa Waiver Program

  • Student Visas

  • F-1 Visa
  • M-1 Visa

  • Other Visas

  • K-1 Visa


    Non Immigration Visa


    The non-immigrant visa classification covers a broad range of visas issued either by USCIS or U.S. Embassy or Consulate to allow the visa holders to enter the United States for temporary work, business visit, pleasure or study.

    The duration of the authorized stay may range from a few days to several years depending on the visa type. In order to obtain a non-immigrant visa, the applicant usually needs to prove his/her non-immigrant intent. However, for some non-immigrant work visas, ‘dual intent’ is allowed, so the applicant may purse his or her permanent resident status while holding the non-immigrant visa.

    Most non-immigrant work visas need to be petitioned by alien’s U.S. employers. For visitor and student visa, the alien can petition by himself.


    Wang & Associates, P.C. Attorneys at Law
    3296 Summit Ridge Pkwy, Suite. 2020, Duluth, GA 30096
    770-495-5906 (phone) 770-495-5911 (fax) secretary@wa-law.net
    Copyright © 2004 by Wang & Associates,P.C.Attorneys at Law All rights reserved.
    Designed by Emma Yu