Home | Firm Profile | Attorney Profiles | Practice Areas | Contact Us Tel : (770) 495-5906


Employment-Based Immigration

Family-Based Immigration

Non-Immigration Visa



Nurse & Medical Technologist

Extraordinary Ability

National Interest Waiver

Naturalization & Citizenship

Asylum or Refugee

Deportation and Removal

Diversity Lottery

News & Events

Useful Immigration Links

Work Visas

  • Overview
  • E-1/E-2 Visa
  • H-1B Visa
  • H-2A Visa
  • H-2B Visa
  • H-3 Visa
  • L-1 Visa
  • O-1 Visa
  • O-2 Visa
  • P-1 Visa
  • P-2 Visa
  • P-3 Visa
  • R-1 Visa
  • TN Visa

  • Visitor Visa

  • B-1 Visa
  • B-2 Visa
  • J-1 Visa
  • Visa Waiver Program

  • Student Visas

  • F-1 Visa
  • M-1 Visa

  • Other Visas

  • K-1 Visa


    Non Immigration Visa


    What is an E-1/E-2 visa?

    The E-1/E-2 trader/investor nonimmigrant visas are specifically reserved for nationals of any countries which have concluded a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States.

    Who qualifies for an E-1/E-2 visa?

    Foreign nationals from treaty countries who

    · Intend to go to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the US and his/her own country, are eligible for a treaty trader visa (E-1).

    · Will develop and direct his or her investment in the U.S., or is actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital may apply for a treaty investor visa (E-2).

    Treaty Countries for E-1 Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Liberia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, United Kingdom and Yugoslavia.

    Treaty Countries for E-2 Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Yugoslavia.

    What is E-1/E-2 employee visa?

    An alien employee of a treaty trader may be classified E-1 and alien employee of a treaty investor may be classified E-2, if the employee is in or is coming to the United States to engage in duties of an executive or supervisory character, or, if employed in a lesser capacity, the employee has special qualifications that make the services to be rendered essential to the efficient operation of the enterprise. Employees of treaty trader or treaty investors seeking E status must also have the same nationality as their employer.

    What visas are available to the spouse and children of E-1/E-2 nonimmigrant?

    The spouse and dependent children (unmarried and under 21) of an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant are entitled to the same classification as the principal alien. The nationality of a spouse and child is not material to their eligibility.

    Can spouses of E-1 and E-2 nonimmigrant work?

    Yes. A spouse of an E-1 or E-2 nonimmigrant can work with an employment authorization document.

    What is the petition process?

    If the applicant is in the United States, he/she may submit E-1/E-2 application to USCIS Center Service. If he/she is outside the U.S., an application may be submitted directly to U.S. embassy or consulate in the applicant’s residing country.

    What are the advantages of E visa?

    The E nonimmigrant category offers numerous advantages over other nonimmigrant options including:

    a. long visa validity period (usually 5 years);

    b. no limit on the number of renewals;

    c. the ability to engage in self-employment;

    d. no requirement that an employee have a previous employment history with the employing organization;

    e. spousal employment authorization;

    f. no annual quotas; and

    g. no excessive filing fees.

    How to prepare for the E-1/E-2 visa application?

    Due to the complexity of E visa application, we strongly encourage you to involve us in the entire investment and visa application procedures, including the establishment of your Eenterprise in the U.S. A well-thought investment plan and legal structure of the U.S. enterprise may ensure the success of your E visa application.



    Wang & Associates, P.C. Attorneys at Law
    3296 Summit Ridge Pkwy, Suite. 2020, Duluth, GA 30096
    770-495-5906 (phone) 770-495-5911 (fax) secretary@wa-law.net
    Copyright © 2004 by Wang & Associates,P.C.Attorneys at Law All rights reserved.
    Designed by Emma Yu